These delicious dark chocolate peanut butter cups feature a double dose of one of the world’s most popular crops – peanuts. A versatile superfood, peanuts are actually legumes although they share many characteristics with nuts. They make for a tasty and beneficial superfood because they contain:
a monounsaturated fatty acid which may lower bad cholesterol levels.
normalizes bowel movements and regulates blood sugar levels.
an antioxidant which has been found to have a protective function against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and viral/fungal infections.
These cups are dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and 100% delicious!
About 12 cups
- 2 Health Warrior Dark Chocolate Peanut Pumpkin Seed Bars
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups peanut butter
- In mini muffin pan, place mini muffin paper cups.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Blend coconut oil, maple syrup, and cocoa powder in a blender.
- Spoon chocolate into the muffin cups, as much or as little as you want.
- Spoon peanut butter onto chocolate.
- Crumble your favorite Pumpkin Seed Bar onto peanut butter, pushing down to make sure it sticks to the cups.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes to harden. Enjoy!